“That Girl” wakes up early, works out, eats healthy, has an organized schedule, is productive, and lives aesthetically. Basically, she’s doing the things that we all strive to do. When I think of “That Girl,” I think of someone that has intention, motivation, and confidence.
The only issue “That Girl” has is the fact that she’s not real. She’s simply an idea that was popularized on TikTok. In case you’re not familiar with the trend, here’s a Pinterest board that sums up who she is.
While you can argue that the “That Girl” trend is idealistic, I believe the idea of “That Girl” can provide a lot of inspiration for enhancing our day-to-day routines.
According to “That Girl” content, here are a few positive and actionable things that we can all do:
- Set goals and have a plan. Determine what you want and what you need to get there. I like to do this in the short-term and long-term. Each day I try to create priorities and have a to-do list that aligns with that. Yearly, I create a top three to five goals that I work towards.
- Make time for movement. Move your body in a way that feels good to you. For example, you could find movement by going for a walk or following along with a yoga YouTube video.
- Drink more water. Seriously, this is a basic yet very important bullet point. Feel free to sip while you read the rest of this blog post.
- Dress in what makes you feel good. Whether it’s athleisure or a blazer, wear something that you feel confident in.
- Try journaling, meditation, or listing gratitudes. Find time in your day to just focus on yourself and your mind.
- Challenge yourself to wake up earlier. Even waking up 15-30 minutes earlier than you usually do can have a huge impact on how you start your day. This extra time allows you to work movement or journaling into your schedule.
- Create a skincare routine. Personally, I view my skincare as a daily act of self-care. It’s something that I always make the time for, and I enjoy the calm it brings me.
What’s your take on the “That Girl” trend? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments or on Instagram. Let’s chat!